|“Conversations on the Forest”|
Rob Handy, and friends, invite you to join us for an evening of thought provoking conversation regarding our most precious resource…the Forest.
Conversations on the Forest
May 7, 2012
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Rural Communities: “Small Towns, Timber, and Economic Trauma”
- What’s the connection between timber harvest levels and rural communities in Lane County?
- Will dramatically increasing logging in Lane County – as intended in the Walden-DeFazio proposal to privatize much of Oregon’s O&C lands – solve rural economic problems?
- What’s the difference between increasing county timber payments and taxes, and improving rural economies?
- How could the current public timber sale program be changed to enhance both rural economies and environments?
- What are the effects of mill and timber sale “super sizing”, automation, mechanization, log exports and off-shoring, environmental restrictions, and stewardship opportunities on urban and rural economies? On jobs in the woods and in the mills? On small and large businesses?
Hope to see you there!